[rtmpdump] Handshake 9

Kirill Zorin cyril.zorin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 22:29:55 CET 2011

Hi Sven,

The logs from 2.1d show that the server answered with "6", which means that handshake "9" wasn't even attempted. This works if the server allows older Flash players (pre 10, I think) to connect, which don't support the "9" handshake. Later versions of FMS require Flash Player 10, which must implement handshake 9.

For the record, this was documented in the recent SVN commits, so please dig around the mailing list archives before reposting an issue. It's not perfect, but here we are =)