[rtmpdump] New handshake?

Adam Malcontenti-Wilson adman.com at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 06:54:13 CET 2011

Seems also that video.fox.com (all of the videos on the Fox website)
have also switched, see http://pastie.org/1631457 for -z. I'd expect
most of the rtmp providers who are actively trying to stop downloading
have or will switch.

Is the encryption type or algorithm known yet for this handshake and
unimplemented, or is it a mystery waiting to be solved?

Thanks,
adammw111

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 12:45 AM, Nigel Taylor
<njtaylor at asterisk.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On 02/25/11 21:37, Howard Chu wrote:
>> Blue Cop wrote:
>>> I noticed some limelight rtmp servers using what seems to be a new handshake
>>> type.
>>>
>>> here is teh -z output.
>>> http://pastie.org/1606602
>>>
>>> some limelight servers still work.
>>>
>>> the ones that do answer 8
>>> WARNING: HandShake: Type mismatch: client sent 6, server answered 8
>>>
>>> while all the ones that don't answer 9
>>> WARNING: HandShake: Type mismatch: client sent 6, server answered 9
>>>
>>> I am not sure if this is news to you guys but just wanted to let you know
>>> about it.
>>
>> Thanks. We've known about this handshake type for a couple of years, but I never
>> bothered to finish implementing it because nobody was using it in production. I
>> guess finally someone is.
>>
> Hi,
>
> Looks like another site bt.fcod.llnwd.net has switched to this new handshake.
>
> http://pastie.org/1628568
>
> Regards
>
> Nigel Taylor

Adam Malcontenti-Wilson