[rtmpdump] rtmpdump issue/bug when server requires a novel(?) response (not SWF verfication issue)

pnixte at gmail.com pnixte at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 17:38:38 CET 2011

Browsing over at the stream-recorder.com forums I saw this:
http://stream-recorder.com/forum/live-tv69-hu-rtmpdump-and-stream-subscribe-t8133.html

I tried to replicate it and to my surprise there seems to be some kind of
inability of rtmpdump to access this server. I do not think that this has
something to do with SWF verification /Flash 10 ussue.

Summary (note that this is a sex-oriented site):
DEBUG: Protocol : RTMP
DEBUG: Hostname : 195.228.156.167
DEBUG: Port     : 1935
DEBUG: Playpath : channel0_0_hi
DEBUG: tcUrl    : rtmp://195.228.156.167/webtv
DEBUG: swfUrl   : http://tv69.hu/indexflash.swf
DEBUG: pageUrl  : http://live.tv69.hu/video.php?channel=channel0_0_hi
DEBUG: app      : webtv
DEBUG: live     : yes

After the connection succeeds....

Client *must* send:
error
code NetConnection.Call.Failed..
level error
C global
C login

Server responds with:
global
peakconncnt
conncnt
maxconncnt

and only then the client is allowed to send a "createStream" command.
(I pasted the above from the post's code section, sorry for the lack
of "proper" tcpdump output)

At the moment, rtmpdump does not provide the server with the above
code snippet so the server rejects the connection with an impressive:
level error
code NetStream.Failed
description 'You are not allowed to play the stream'

I do believe it is something that has to do with rtmpdump's code
and/or features, that's why I forward this to this list.