[rtmpdump] What to look for to solve a "handshake failed"?

rtmpdump at pepak.net rtmpdump at pepak.net
Sun Dec 18 09:46:25 CET 2011

Well, I guess I am at the limit of what I can do: It seems to me I am
making assumptions about rtmp.c working which are just not safe;
someone who is familiar with rtmp.c should probably check my current
progress and let me know if what I am doing is OK.

I modified the HTTP_read function to allow for multi-packet responses.
This solved the immediate problem of not getting the connection handle
and allowed me to progress a few steps further, but it also seems to
do something bad to the communication code so that the server can't
recognize packet beginnings anymore. I have no idea why.

The diff is attached.

Pepak