[rtmpdump] Need help with rtmpdump url parser

Ralph Spitzner rasp at spitzner.org
Fri Dec 16 11:18:26 CET 2011

Manuel Reimer wrote:
> Howard Chu wrote:
>> The parser logic is not flawed. The RTMP specification is flawed.
>
> So the only way to fix this in this case, is to patch the parser to
> handle "ardfs" the same way as "ondemand"?

No, because then it also handle 'rtl2'/'rtlII', whatever word the
Bible contains.
What if ARD-FS changes it's name to 'Das Erste' [note the blank] ?
Yu simply cannot have a case of reading the mind of some stupid
content 'designer' to know what he/she will call the dir/file.

So the simple workaround would be just to use seperate arguments and
have mplayer buffer a bit and read from stdin, no ?

	-rasp

(or am I missing some strange hyphens/other chars in that URI ?)

--
Genius is pain.
                 -- John Lennon