[rtmpdump] RTMPSRV / RTMPSUCK - Listen on specific port

NokNok Developer developer at noknok.net
Sat Dec 10 23:09:48 CET 2011

Please see comments below

On 12/10/2011 4:46 PM, Howard Chu wrote:
> NokNok Developer wrote:
>> I would like to know if anyone is interested in modifying the RTMPSRV
>> and RTMPSUCK applications, to allow for listening of redirected on a
>> port OTHER than 1935.
>>
>>    Basically adding say a "-p" option to the command line.  So I could
>> say strart "RTMPSUCK -p 2001"
>
> No.
>
>> I would then forward all my packets for 1935 to port 2001.  The purpose
>> of this is to allow me to run multiple instantiations of RTMPSUCK and
>> SRV.  Before you ask why, I have a solution whereby I can control port
>> redirection by process, so this would allow me to run many process' at
>> the same time.
>
> Stupid. You don't need more than one instance of rtmpsuck at a time,
> it's multi-threaded already.

Well that is not true.  I run rtmpsrv/rtmpsuck where multiple requests
for media will occur.  rtmpsrv/suck as it is now, is in deed multi
threaded and can save all those streams to its output directory.  what i
have is a controlled scenario, where because nowadays many sites must we
must use the suck solution, i have to maintain each as a seperate
request and process.  Currently as it is with the suck output, you can
not tell what is what (eg status message, and so on).  Lets say I have 5
jobs to run, all different domains, and requests come in right after one
another, programatically, from my end, how am i know to what stream
being saved is what, or if one fails, but 4 work, etc.

I do not see any harm in the requests, maybe for your use, no need, but
no harm.. ????