[rtmpdump] ? Regression in 2.4

Alun Jones alun at texis.com
Wed Aug 31 23:46:40 CEST 2011

One issue I've noticed with streaming BBC TV is that I'll occasionally hit a 100% CPU loop (OK, 25%, but it's on a 4-core).

Before entering the loop, it emits a message like this:

DEBUG: RTMPSockBuf_Fill, recv returned -1. GetSockError(): 10060 (Unknown error)
ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header

10060 is ETIMEDOUT in Windows.

I also see the occasional:

ERROR: WriteN, RTMP send error 10054 (42 bytes)
ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body. len: 76711

This seems to be handled by closing the connection and being prepared to resume the transfer, but when I resume I get:
WARNING: Stream does not start with requested frame, ignoring data...
Over and over and over again until it gives up.

Alun.
~~~~