[rtmpdump] Does rtmpdump fallback to other ports?

Stef my.my.cro at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 15:42:07 CEST 2011

Hi.

An issue with a user of a video downloader brought up a question that I
wasn't too sure about the answer.  The issue required the user to
temporarily force the use of port 80 instead of the default port 1935.
The issue was resolved by rewriting a firewall rule, but...

I know port 443 is used for SSL and port 80 for plain HTTP.  But the
Adobe Flash Player client does fall back to these when it can't get port
1935 (mentioned about halfway down the page here:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/164/tn_16499.html ).

Does RTMPdump fall back automatically to one of the other ports (80,
443) if it cannot get access to port 1935 or doesn't it do that (yet)?

Regards,
Stefan.