[rtmpdump] request to tag 2.4

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Aug 2 17:58:23 CEST 2011

On Mon, 2011-07-25 at 12:32 -0700, Howard Chu wrote:
> > Creating a tarball myself if not the issue. It's tagging some git
> > version to 2.4 so that distros such as xbmc can pull and do what they
> > need to do with it. We don't want to pull any old git tag, we want
> > something that says "This is 2.4".
> >
> > Sounds like c28f1bab7822de97353849e7787b59e50bbb1428 is the magic hash.
>
> Well, "This is 2.4" and "This is stable code" are two different things.

Hi Howard,

It's "is this 2.4?" that is the question I'm most interested in.

In the absence of a tarball... is commit c28f1bab actually the 2.4
release? Or is that just the commit at which you changed the version
number in the code and it should still be considered pre-2.4, because
you're going to do a real 2.4 release later?

I can make a tarball for myself for the RPMFusion package, but I
shouldn't be calling it "2.4" unless that's actually true.

--
dwmw2