[rtmpdump] rutube.ru dumping stopped working: ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header

al_9x at yahoo.com al_9x at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 20:43:40 CEST 2011

On 4/15/2011 6:44 AM, Peter Miller wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-04-15 at 02:33 -0400, al_9x at yahoo.com wrote:
>> download starts, but after ~2MB there is an error: "ERROR:
>> RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header"
>> rtmpdump pegs the cpu/core and nothing more is downloaded
> Yes, this is a problem I was seeing, too.
> I posted a patch last week.

A few questions about the patch:

1. Is this the one your are referring to:
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/rtmpdump/2011-April/001356.html

2. Does it only addresses the situation when the server closes the
connection?  But in this case the connection remains open at the time of
the error, there's just nothing being received.  Could you try to repro
this particular problem?  Perhaps your patch needs some modification to
cover it.

3. I guess the real problem is that the server consistently stops
sending data after ~2mb.  Even after rtmpdump is modified to react
better (not hang), this problem will remain.  Can anything be done about
it?  Their flash player does not have this problem, so in theory
rtmpdump should be able to adequately simulate it.

4.  Has your patch been accepted?  Are there interim/nightly builds
available or do I need to build it myself?  Is it possible to build on
windows?