[rtmpdump] Akamai patch

Andrew andrew at instantofficecenter.com
Sun Sep 26 00:05:17 CEST 2010

Hi,

I've been looking for a way to send audio content to Akamai in a Unix environment. I recently came across this post on the mailing list:
http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/5hTZasm8hR0MiJThsTjt

I was able to successfully connect to Akamai using this command:

ffmpeg -loglevel debug -i audiofile.wav -acodec libmp3lame -f flv 'rtmp://xxxx.akamaientrypoint.net/EntryPoint conn=S:encoder:1.1.12:USERID live=true akUserid=USERID akPass=PASSWORD playpath=poc_x_x at xxxxx'

It connects and shows the following:
HandleInvoke, onStatus: NetStream.Publish.Start

Then it appears to stream, however when I go to the Akamai test player (http://mediapm.edgesuite.net/edgeflash/public/debug/HDPlayer.html) there is no content.

Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else had success with this patch?

Andrew