[rtmpdump] Problems compiling rtmdump on OS X 10.5

rtmpdump.list.skeeve at xoxy.net rtmpdump.list.skeeve at xoxy.net
Sun Oct 31 13:40:50 CET 2010

Hi!

I compiled rtmpdump on my OS X 10.5.8. First I compiled and installed
openssl 1.0 into /usr/local. Compiling rtmpdump worked without errors
(just warnings). But when I want to use them, I get errors and would be
thankful could anyone help me in fixing it.

rtmpdump shows this output:

RTMPDump v2.3
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _EVP_sha256
  Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/librtmp.0.dylib
  Expected in: flat namespace

dyld: Symbol not found: _EVP_sha256
  Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/librtmp.0.dylib
  Expected in: flat namespace

Trace/BPT trap

rtmpsrv, as soon as it is accessed, either from firefox or even when I
curl for localhost:1935 gives (I ran it with gdb)

GNU gdb 6.3.50-20050815 (Apple version gdb-962) (Sat Jul 26 08:14:40 UTC
2008)
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i386-apple-darwin"...Reading symbols for
shared libraries ....... done

(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/sbin/rtmpsrv
Reading symbols for shared libraries ++++++. done
RTMP Server v2.3
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu; license: GPL

Streaming on rtmp://0.0.0.0:1935

Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
Reason: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at address: 0xb0082000
[Switching to process 85752 thread 0x117]
0xffff068b in ?? ()
(gdb)