[rtmpdump] rtmpdump and data loss

Perazim perazim at portugalmail.pt
Sat Oct 9 13:17:32 CEST 2010

This is a followup question:

I have looked in the support docs at Adobe for the server and in the
forums. Seems as there is no way from the client end to specify
parameters that control how the server drops frames when the server
output overflows the network connection.

However there is a property called NetStreamInfo.droppedFrames
available to the player that allows the number of dropped frames
to be accessed.

Is it possible for the rtmpdump code to easily get at this value?

I ask because the method I am using now to download is during very
early morning hours of little net activity I download the stream
several times, check file sizes and if equal then md5sum the files.

If I could get rtmpdump to check periodically for dropped frames,
I could then abort as soon as there are dropped frames not wasting
any more time on that session.

Thanks,

Perazim