[rtmpdump] swf verify on akamia hulu cdn

Blue Cop bluecopter at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 8 04:58:21 CEST 2010

Hulu updated their server to use swf verify for the akamia cdn. akamia is the only cdn that has HD streams. I ran into this problem originally with the Hulu XBMC plug-in.

I have been using rtmpdump to test parameters and try to figure out the problem. It exhibits the same problem I am having with XBMC.

XBMC will play the stream for a minute or so if I disable swf verify but if I enable swf verify it will immediately give me a socket error 10054 (connection reset by peer) after it returns the SWFVerification response.

I am confused because I have verified the parameters I am using with rtmpsrv and everything seems to be in order. I think it doesn't like the SWFVerification response.

anyone have an ideas?

here is the debug out with swf verify enabled.
http://pastebin.ca/1957319

here it is with swf verify disabled.
http://pastebin.ca/1957318

Thanks in advance for any help on this issue. I am stumped because swf verify works perfectly for other plug-ins.