[rtmpdump] Compiling rtmpdump on Windows (MinGW)

PLTK pnixte at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 13:00:25 CET 2010

On 3/16/10, PLTK <pnixte at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried (successfully) to compile rtmpdump on Windows using MinGW and these
> are my comments for anyone that tries the same thing.

For newer versions of the code (SVN repository), the current Makefile does not
work for building on Windows system reporting "The system cannot find the path
specified". It has to do something with the lines 50-53 and more specifically,
something that has to do with the "cd" command.

For users on Windows, cd manually to the "librtmp" directory, "make" and then
cd back. Edit the Makefile to make the changes mentioned in the previous
message of the thread AS WELL AS comment out the lines between 50-53
(regarding FORCE). After that, "make mingw" and enjoy!

PS 1: In the site the current windows build reports "403 Forbidden".

PS 2: Also there is a small typo in the "help" message (missing ":"
after rtmp) in line:

--rtmp|-r url           URL (e.g. rtmp//host[:port]/path)