[rtmpdump] How to determine rtmpt URL?

Adam Augustine augustineas at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 01:42:50 CET 2010

I am trying to capture the live stream at
http://radio.lds.org/eng/listen-now. I have used various tools
(Wireshark mostly) and the only semi-useful URL I can find is
rtmpt://fls3g1.services.att-idns.net/al1 , which seems to be missing
the playpath portion (at least according to rtmpdump). I am using the
2.2a r330 version of rtmpdump.

It is all running on port 80, so I don't think I can use rtmpsuck
(which I have used semi-successfully in the past on the normal 1935
port streams).

I can't seem to figure out where to look for the complete stream URL.
I see lots of very short lived (less than a second) TCP connections
with single GETs and POSTs with crazy paths and variables which change
from one TCP stream to the next.

I tried hacking rtmpsrv.c to listen on port 80 and put
fls3g1.services.att-idns.net into /etc/hosts with 127.0.0.1 to see if
I could get it to show the connect information but it reports "ERROR:
SHandShake: Unknown version 50" "ERROR: Handshake failed" and closes
the connection.

I tried something similar with rtmpsuck (changing all the 1935s to
80s, recompling), removed the /etc/hosts entry, added the iptables
(changing it to port 80 as well) entry, but it reported the same
Unknown version 50 error.

Any hints or ideas?

Thanks,
  Adam Augustine