[rtmpdump] librtmp in multi threaded applications and interruption

Art Clarke aclarke at xuggle.com
Thu Jun 24 22:22:04 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Howard Chu <hyc at highlandsun.com> wrote:

> Mikhail I. Izmestev wrote:
>
>>  Hi all.
>>
>> Is it possible to refactor interruption system to allow using librtmp in
>> multi threaded applications?
>> FFmpeg's interruption system is very easy and useful. We can create
>> similar callback to handle
>> interruptions.
>>

> I don't understand the question, please explain in more depth. What does
> multi-threading have to do with interruptions? I presume by "interruption"
> you mean "signal"  - signals and threaded code do not mix well.

He means have librtmp let users register a call-back function that librtmp
calls whenever it is in a loop that might 'block' on network access.  See
url_set_interrupt_cb in FFmpeg's libavformat/avio.h file.

- Art

--
http://www.xuggle.com/
xu‧ggle (zŭ' gl) v. To freely encode, decode, and experience audio and

Use Xuggle to get the power of FFmpeg in Java.