No subject

Mon Jul 5 15:10:54 CEST 2010

<embed width=3D"480" height=3D"402" src=3D"http://www.oeins.de/embed/player=
.swf"
        bgcolor=3D"#ffffff" allowscriptaccess=3D"always" allowfullscreen=3D=
"true"
        flashvars=3D"streamer=3Drtmp://streaming.orgatech.de/live/&file=3Do=
eins.flv&hl=3Dde&fs=3D1&frontcolor=3D008B85"
/>

We can split up flashvars as follows:

streamer=3Drtmp://streaming.orgatech.de/live/
file=3Doeins.flv
hl=3Dde
fs=3D1
frontcolor=3D008B85

Each of these are parameters that get fed to player.swf, which is just
the common JW Player. The only important ones are "streamer" and
"file".

"streamer" is the rtmp URL, which we feed to rtmpdump with -r.
-a is for the "app", which is a certain portion of the rtmp URL.
rtmpdump will figure out the app from the URL automatically, so there
is no reason to specify -a in this instance.
-f is the user's Flash player version. There's no reason to specify it
as rtmpdump will use a standard one.
-W is for the SWF URL, which is of course the "src" of the embed tag.
-W is superior to -s in that it will handle SWF verification.
-p is for the webpage URL, which is also important if the server
restricts access from unknown pages.
-y is for the playpath, which is what "file" represents in the
flashvars. The filename is often altered to have the ".flv" or ".mp4"
removed, or to have "mp4:" added to the beginning. rtmpdump is also
sometimes smart enough to extract the playpath from the rtmp URL, so
in this instance -y is actually unnecessary if we just add the
playpath to the end of -r.
-o is of course the output filename, but I'd like to just mention that
rtmpdump *never* outputs an mp4 file, so never set the filename
extension to be ".mp4". Use .flv or .f4v or whatever.

Anyways, all you really need is:

rtmpdump -r rtmp://streaming.orgatech.de/live/oeins -W
http://www.oeins.de/embed/player.swf -p
http://www.oeins.de/lokalsender/webtv.html -o oeins.flv

Hope this helps!

P.S. Your e-mail address was publicized the second you sent your
initial message.

On 9/30/10, dexli at gmx.de <dexli at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Navash,
>
>> Von: Navash Sanchs <>
>> An: rtmpdump discussion and development <rtmpdump at mplayerhq.hu>
>> Betreff: Re: [rtmpdump] How to specify http like parameters
>

>> ./rtmpdump -r "rtmp://streaming.orgatech.de/live/" -a "live/" -f "LNX
>> 10,1,85,3" -W "http://www.oeins.de/embed/player.swf" -p
>> "http://www.oeins.de/lokalsender/webtv.html" -y "oeins" -o oeins.flv
>
> Thank you it works ! But how do you determine the -a -f -y parameter
>
> Have fun
> Norbert
>
> ps.
> Please don't feed the spam trolls and remove all adresses in the reply .
> Thanks

PL