[rtmpdump] Stream plays like Fast Forvarding in beginning

pnixte at gmail.com pnixte at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 21:45:38 CEST 2010

On 7/8/10, Vaidas Velutis <velutis at gmail.com> wrote:
> everything seems ok, it is downloading well, but when i watch downloaded
> stream first seconds (about 4 - 6 second from beginning) is playing like it
> is fast forwarding. Can this be fixed, or maybe someone can explain why this
> is happening?

Sorry, I cannot verify that it's working as it reports
"NetConnection.Call.Failed" possibly due to regional restrictions.

Fast-forwarding is most probably a server-side problem due to some
kind of "misconfiguration" of the encoding server. I remember having
the same problem with another server but the issue resolved after a
few server updates. It has to be something with the index of the file.

If you're on windows, try a different movie player such as "Media
Player Classic" and ffmpeg.