[rtmpdump] r189 - in trunk: rtmp.c rtmp.h rtmpdump.c rtmpsuck.c streams.c

Howard Chu hyc at highlandsun.com
Tue Jan 5 09:09:49 CET 2010

hyc wrote:
> Author: hyc
> Date: Tue Jan  5 04:46:39 2010
> New Revision: 189
>
> Log:
> Add optional packet param to RTMP_Connect(); rtmpsuck will just send
> the original connect packet instead of generating its own.

I found a site that was using 3 separate auth strings following the main
Connect parameters. The SendConnectPacket() code only knew how to send 1
boolean flag + 1 auth string. (And we still don't know the meaning of that
boolean...) So as a quick fix, rtmpsuck now just sends the client's packet
straight through to the server. (That's always more reliable anyway...)

But, this presents an odd problem for rtmpdump; we need a way to specify
arbitrary auth parameters on the command line otherwise we're going to be
stuck with some sites that rtmpsuck works for that can't be accessed using
rtmpdump.

I'm thinking of defining a new --auth option which takes a prefix defining the
type, followed by a value, which can be specified multiple times.
E.g. --auth B:1 --auth S:"some string value" --auth N:1234.567

(B for boolean, S for string, N for number)

All the evidence indicates that we need to be able to specify an arbitrary
number of auth parameters, of arbitrary type, instead of the two items we
currently have hardcoded. (And yes, we already have an --auth option right
now, my point is that we need to change its behavior.)