[rtmpdump] rtmpsrv error: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header

Mathieu Lalonde matt at devrnd.net
Thu Feb 18 00:11:30 CET 2010

Hello,

I'm getting the following output...

  RTMP Server v2.1c
  (c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu; license: GPL

  Streaming on rtmp://0.0.0.0:1935
  ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header
  Closing connection... done!

...whenever I try to play any video off this Akamai-based site:

  http://www.tou.tv/trauma/S01E06

The videos are hosted off medias-flash.tou.tv or
medias-flash.radio-canada.ca so I've added the following to my hosts file:

127.0.0.1       medias-flash.tou.tv
127.0.0.1       medias-flash.radio-canada.ca

Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong, or if this stream can't be
read by rtmpdump / srv.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

---
Mathieu Lalonde