[rtmpdump] librtmp infinite loop

Steve McFarlin steve at stevemcfarlin.com
Fri Dec 24 23:11:22 CET 2010

Hello,

platform: darwin - iphone
librtmp ver: latest package download and integrated into FFmpeg
Setup: RTMP publish to server

Problem:

If the connection to the remote server is closed a SIGPIPE is raised. It is at this point librtmp will enter into an infinite loop. The loop trace is as follows (some error logs were added by me).

ERROR: WriteN, RTMP send error 32 (43 bytes)
RTMP_Close
RTMP_Close - Still connected
SendFCUnpublish
RTMP_SendPacket
ERROR: WriteN, RTMP send error 32 (43 bytes)
RTMP_Close
RTMP_Close - Still connected
SendFCUnpublish
RTMP_SendPacket
ERROR: WriteN, RTMP send error 32 (43 bytes)
RTMP_Close
RTMP_Close - Still connected

This will go on forever. I am currently investigating why this occurs. I will update if I find why.

Steve