[rtmpdump] Link OpenSSL statically for Win32

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Apr 19 08:31:36 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-19 at 15:48 +0930, Stef wrote:
> It would be if it wasn't such a pig/drag to get it to compile in MS
> Visual Studio.  (I have a statically-built rtmpdump.exe here and
> working using OpenSSL.)

Well, if you're actually going to boot into Windows and try to do stuff
there then _everything_ is going to be painful. That's what we have
mingw32 for.

I have a statically-built rtmpdump.exe here that I can legally
distribute -- so other people can just use it without having to mess
around with finding a version of OpenSSL and praying that it's
binary-compatible.

But I don't think anyone is suggesting that we _remove_ the OpenSSL
support from librtmp. Currently you have the choice when you build it,
so you can still build your OpenSSL version if you want.

--
dwmw2