[rtmpdump] Parsing an RTMPE URL

Anony Mous anonymous247 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 21:42:46 CEST 2010

Alright, so rtmpsrv did the trick.  Fantastic utility!  Perfect way to extract the otherwise
encrypted connect data.  About the only thing I would add is to have it output tcUrl.  And ya, the
parameters pretty much matched the perl code provided by Monsieur Video.

Thanks so much to Howard and Monsieur Video.

I'm going to spend some more time and tidy things up before offering up changes to allow visual
studio builds.  On that topic: this is going to sound stupid, but bear with me: did you guys intend
to build the lib as straight C?  or C++?  Your makefile is invoking gcc, but it is unclear what
language you're targeting.

If C: then there are some places that seem to violate the declaration of variables rules in C.
Visual Studio complained about that when first attempting to compile the *.c files as C code.

->This is the path I took locally<- If C++: then for easiest compiling under Visual Studio, the file
extensions should be renamed from *.c to *.cpp, and a bunch of the implicit casts from void * need
to be fixed up.  Also, because the exported API doesn't actually use any C++ features, it would be
easiest to wrap public headers in extern "C" {...}, as that will help with binary compatibility.

Regardless of what language to target, I would suggest moving the public API headers to a separate
"include" directory.

Anyways, I'm rambling.