[rtmpdump] SOCKS support take 2

Howard Chu hyc at highlandsun.com
Sat Oct 31 21:52:30 CET 2009

Monsieur Video wrote:
> I was a little eager sending that previous patch, here's one which
> actually works..
>
> I had to stop using Socks4a as I found out it doesn't work with SSH
> dynamic port forwarding, the main reason I wanted to use that was so DNS
> lookups could happen on the server, which helps for things like Akamai.
> (SOCKS 5 would be nice, but it's harder to write).

I guess we're taking it as a given that all code anyone contributes to
rtmpdump is also under GPLv2? And that people committing code into the repo
own the rights to their changes, or have otherwise been authorized to commit
the changes?

Put another way - how do you want to be credited for this patch?

Reading the patch reminds me that sooner or later we'll have to think about
IPv6 support...
  -- hyc