[rtmpdump] How to change download progress display in rtmpdump 2.1?

hyc at highlandsun.com hyc at highlandsun.com
Thu Dec 31 10:23:59 CET 2009

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 07:45:16PM +1030, Stef wrote:
> In light of the verbosity of the changes to the "-z" option, are
> there going to be any changes to the level of verbosity in  the
> future?  I just don't want to be getting people to paste their debug
> outputs to pastebin.com when these outputs can easily be over 1GB in
> size (e.g: for a 3/4 hour MP4)!  Is the -V option enough for you?

I added that debug output because it's useful to diagnose problems,
particularly if our code is misinterpreting something. Although generally
I would expect, if we're misinterpreting something, it will cause
trouble very early on, so you'll lose your connection long before
you get to 1GB of output.

Otherwise, yeah, -V is probably more practical.

Further changes to verbosity are unlikely... Just remember that "-z"
means "turn on *everything*" so whenever we add new debug levels,
-z will change. The other debug switches are constant though, -V
will never change.