[rtmpdump] r138 - trunk/rtmpsuck.c

Howard Chu hyc at highlandsun.com
Wed Dec 30 04:10:53 CET 2009

Howard Chu wrote:
> hyc wrote:
>> Author: hyc
>> Date: Wed Dec 30 00:41:59 2009
>> New Revision: 138
>>
>> Log:
>> Add -z option to enable debug
>>
>> Modified:
>>      trunk/rtmpsuck.c
>
> This is now working pretty well on Linux. It will fail if the client uses AMF3
> encoding and the server uses SWF verification because we don't yet generate
> our own responses with AMF3.

Never mind, SWF verification is fine. The AMF3 stuff was a red herring.

The only outstanding annoyance with this is that it only transfers at the
speed of the real Flash client. When the server dumps out what it thinks is an
appropriate bufferful, it will stop sending data until it thinks the client
has caught up. I.e., you can't download faster than realtime...

I guess we could try intercepting SetBuffer commands from the client and then
choosing a larger buffersize, like rtmpdump does. If that works then we'd have
to go back to queueing packets in the server->client direction, because we'll
be reading packets at full speed from the server to write to the local file,
and trickling them out to the client at whatever speed it reads at...