[rtmpdump] r133 - in trunk: rtmpdump.c streams.c swfvfy.c

Howard Chu hyc at highlandsun.com
Wed Dec 30 03:56:06 CET 2009

compn wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 15:45:52 -0800, Howard Chu wrote:
>> hyc wrote:
>>> Author: hyc
>>> Date: Tue Dec 29 23:47:18 2009
>>> New Revision: 133
>>>
>>> Log:
>>> Add "ask" param, don't talk to HTTP server if we already have cached hash
>>>
>>> Modified:
>>>      trunk/rtmpdump.c
>>>      trunk/streams.c
>>>      trunk/swfvfy.c
>>
>> It seems that servers with hotlink protection don't like you downloading the
>> SWFurl a second time. So manual hashing may still be the most reliable approach...
>
> i bet its just an http referrer check. try adding a referrer.
> using the swf url as the http referrer should do it.
>
> e.g. with wget http://some.com/file.swf will be refused
> wget --referrer="http://some.com/" http://some.com/file.swf
> will work.

Well, that could be yet another issue. The case I was seeing was that the HTTP
server allows the request, but then the RTMP server kills the connection. If I
don't talk to the HTTP server, the RTMP session proceeds without any trouble.
(Then again, maybe setting the referrer here will fix that too, I'll play with
it a bit...)