[rtmpdump] Problems downloading rtmp-stream

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Tue Dec 1 18:12:28 CET 2009

On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 14:17:58 +0100, double wrote:
>Hello,
>
>We have problems to download this rtmp-video:
>http://www2.k-tv.at/streaming/index.html

works for me with:
rtmpdump --live -r rtmp://flash1.bpmnetworks.com/live/ktv -o cra.flv -s
"http://www2.k-tv.at/streaming/playbackengine.swf" -V -f "WIN
10,0,12,36" -p "http://www2.k-tv.at/streaming/index.html"

>./rtmpdump --live --rtmp rtmp://flash1.bpmnetworks.com/live/ktv --flv
>video.flv
>RTMPDump v1.9
>(c) 2009 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
>Connecting ...
>ERROR: rtmp server sent error
>ERROR: rtmp server requested close

it would be nice if rtmpdump would output helpful messages like 'this
stream may require a combination of flashver, swfurl, pageurl, swfhash,
etc. please read the README file for more information'

-compn