[NUT-devel] NUT version bump

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Wed May 15 17:18:28 CEST 2013

On 05/15/2013 05:00 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> I would suggest to let the muxer choose the used timebase. Either as
> its done now or by some other method. This way it can be changed later
> and changed per file.

My current implementation uses the stream timebase (actually the
first/last) to represent the starttime and the timebase already in use
for the timedelta in the syncpoint.

> For the muxer implementation, i think the simplest would be to use
> microseconds as av_gettime() returns for now, but i think any timebase
> thats more precisse than milliseconds should be fine.

We can store this as the last timebase and use it for starttime and
timedelta.

In the end the timestamp representation in nut is flexible enough we can
just specific it as "valid timestamp within the file" and let
implementor pick what's best for them.

lu