[NUT-devel] [nut]: r644 - docs/nut.txt

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Feb 29 20:09:12 CET 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 12:58:48PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hmm, is more than one copy of the same key valid?
>
> yes
>
> > And how is that
> > meant to be interpreted?
>
> In the form that they all apply. "9 is a stream with translated lyrics"

I meant more broadly than just disposition.

> > I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea but I
> > don't think it's well-specified at this point and I'd like to consider
> > all the implications...
>
> Well its intuitively meaningfull ...
> multiple authors

Yes, but probably in all other containers it's a single Author key
with a value such as "Michael Niedermayer, Rich Felker, ..."

This could also apply to disposition, but potentially makes using it
harder for applications since they need to parse a sort of string list
rather than just matching exact strings.

On the other hand, multiple values for the same key likely does not
fit well with an expected API of being able to query a key and get a
value as the result.

> multiple titles

Do we need meta-metainfo, i.e. language tags on the titles? :(
Perhaps keys named Title-xxx where xxx is a language code?

Rich