[NUT-devel] [nut]: r613 - docs/nutissues.txt

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Feb 14 04:04:54 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 01:20:52PM -0500, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 04:46:09PM +0100, Alban Bedel wrote:
> > I think the pb is that the best interpretation (ie. absolute in real
> > world units or relative) depend on how the sound was mastered.
> >
> > If you take todays movies and albums you probably want a relative
> > interpretation, so that most speakers just get the unadultered sound.
> >
> > On the other hand if someone is doing a recording which is supposed to
> > be heard on a well defined setup, and one want to get the closest
> > possible experience to what was intended, real world units are needed.
> > But I suspect even more is needed for a really good simulation. The
> > echo characteritic of the room, temperature, wind, etc
> >
> > So perhaps we should just have relative coordinate for now, and add a
> > note that we are open to add a standard info packet for "listening
> > environement simulation" if ppl from this field are intersted.
>
> One other idea: what about storing the numerator values always, and:
> - if denominator is 0, the numerators are just relative values

> - if denominator is nonzero, the values are in physical units (being
>   american, i vote for yards! =P)

no chance!
you can pick from one of these:
mickey, yottaparsec, metric exainch, square root femtobarn,
or if you really insist
light picosecond, zeptoparsec or siriometer

[...]

Frequently ignored awnser#1 FFmpeg bugs should be sent to our bugtracker. User
questions about the command line tools should be sent to the ffmpeg-user ML.
And questions about how to use libav* should be sent to the libav-user ML.