[NUT-devel] [nut]: r613 - docs/nutissues.txt

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed Feb 13 15:25:18 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 01:38:13PM -0000, Måns Rullgård wrote:

> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 11:32:56PM -0500, Rich Felker wrote:
> > [...]
> >> would
> >>
> >> Well I would like to see some mathematical/physical reason that it's
> >> potentially useful rather than the opinions of people who pay for
> >> solid-gold *digital* audio cables to give their sound "more body"...
> >
> > Id say liquid he cooled superconductive cables are better (for digital of
> > course).
> >
> > Anyway, technical reason:
> > If the player knows the reference locations and actual locations it can
> > adjust the delays to avoid unwanted interference. And no i dont know how
> > well it would work in practice.
> > Though with extreem cases like 1km difference it could correct the resulting
> > A/V desync at least.
>
> What if the screen is on the moon?  Then the video will have a delay
> of a second or so.

The idealized decoder model could assume instantaneos video and so the
real decoder could compensate.

[...]

Frequently ignored awnser#1 FFmpeg bugs should be sent to our bugtracker. User
questions about the command line tools should be sent to the ffmpeg-user ML.
And questions about how to use libav* should be sent to the libav-user ML.