[NUT-devel] [nut]: r613 - docs/nutissues.txt

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Feb 13 02:46:12 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 12:42:12AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Yes but the extra variable doesnt hurt that much, so heres a patch with
> it.
>
> Comments? rich?
> I can also add a flag for the case that positions arent known, so this is
> skiped.
> We can also place this stuff in an info packet but as its essential for
> playback of at least some codecs, raw being one, and usefull for others
> which do not allow precisse positions to be stored it seems the stream
> headers might be better. Also info packets would have a much higher
> overhead to store this.

I'm against the useless physical units and denominator. Just the
ratios of the positions to one another matter; the whole thing is
scale-invariant for all practical purposes. Otherwise I don't see
anything wrong.

I also mildly like polar/spherical coordinates better, but if you want
the speakers to be able to have different relative differences from
the listener, then it's probably more of a mess, so just stick with
rectangular.

Rich