[NUT-devel] [nut]: r613 - docs/nutissues.txt

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed Feb 13 00:42:12 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 12:29:48AM +0100, Alban Bedel wrote:

> > > Hmm, I was thinking that only x/y, x/z that is the direction would
> > > matter. If theres some sense in also storing distance then we would
> > > need a 4th variable to specifiy the precission like:
> > > (x/p, y/p, z/p) meter
> > >
> > > We can surely do this if someone thinks this is usefull.
> >
> > I don't think it's useful, but there's no telling what people who
> > measure the copper purity of their speaker cables might believe.
>
> Too true :) However I doubt that real world units would be useful here.
> Even if one want to make some adjustement to better match the playback
> system, simply having the distances relative to one of the speaker
> should be enouth.

Yes but the extra variable doesnt hurt that much, so heres a patch with
it.

Comments? rich?
I can also add a flag for the case that positions arent known, so this is
skiped.
We can also place this stuff in an info packet but as its essential for
playback of at least some codecs, raw being one, and usefull for others
which do not allow precisse positions to be stored it seems the stream
headers might be better. Also info packets would have a much higher
overhead to store this.

[...]

There will always be a question for which you do not know the correct awnser.