[NUT-devel] NUT spec review - chapters

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Feb 10 06:40:03 CET 2008

On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 12:35:05AM -0500, Rich Felker wrote:

> > > Alright. Even though there is no implementation of chapters at this
> > > time..
> >
> > hmm, well if thats true we might be able to cheat but i still think that
> > maybe this isnt all that much of an improvment.
> > being able to specify chapters in any timebase one wants seems sufficient.
> > Having a timebase per timestamp seems like an overkill ...
>
> That's probably okay too...

To clarify, if the decision is just to leave things as-is, I'd like to
add a "SHOULD" recommending that NUT files use the same timebase for
all chapters, or at least those with positive chapter_id.

Also I suppose it's legal to include the gcd timebase in the global
header's timebase list, and then chapters can truely be split at
arbitrary points. :)

Rich