[NUT-devel] NUT samples / NUT muxer?

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Mon Mar 27 12:48:17 CEST 2006

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 09:51:34AM +0100, M??ns Rullg??rd wrote:
> Oded Shimon said:
> > Well, in a very hackish way, nutmerge actually DOES generate valid files in
> > the case of MPEG-4 ASP with vbr MP3 in AVI, and Vorbis in Ogg. But it's
> > bad hack and could easily fail in some cases. (like, doesn't handle zero
> > byte frames from mencoder)
>
> So if I take a regular Ogg/Vorbis file as produced by libogg or an AVI with
> with no tricks from lavf it should work?

You can defentaly use any files from nutmerge for testing your demuxer. ..

The only thing wrong here is the input that nutmerge gives to libnut
(invalid pts for b frames, broken up mp3 chunks, etc.), although those
should actually work fine, but there's no serious error checking...

But the NUT files are 100% valid in regards to NUT structure (I hope),
because libnut muxer is perfectly compliant right down to the monotone dts
reordering...

- ods15