[NUT-devel] NUT samples / NUT muxer?

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Mon Mar 27 10:17:36 CEST 2006

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 08:58:22AM +0100, M??ns Rullg??rd wrote:

> Oded Shimon said:

> > Speaking of which, that's why it would be good if ffnut was synced, so we
> > can check that libnut is nicely compliant...
>
> As I said, I started implementing a (de)muxer from scratch.

Ah, yes, it's even still quoted in this mail. :) BTW, you should read:
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=NUT

It has a detailed explanation for keyframe exact seeking in NUT...

Your de/muxer from scratch is gonna be in lavf?..

> >> OK, so what's with this:
> >>
> >> $ ./nutmerge
> >> ==============================================================
> >> PLEASE NOTE THAT NUTMERGE FOR NOW CREATES _INVALID_ NUT FILES.
> >> DO NOT USE THESE FILES FOR ANYTHING BUT TESTING LIBNUT.
> >> ==============================================================
> >> bleh, more params you fool...
> >
> > read README
>
> I did:
> DO NOT USE NUTMERGE FOR _ANYTHING_ EXCEPT TESTING!!
> IT CREATES COMPLETELY INVALID BROKEN FILES, WHICH JUST "HAPPEN" TO WORK!
>
> So you're saying the files are OK after all, at least for some inputs?

Well, in a very hackish way, nutmerge actually DOES generate valid files in
the case of MPEG-4 ASP with vbr MP3 in AVI, and Vorbis in Ogg. But it's
bad hack and could easily fail in some cases. (like, doesn't handle zero
byte frames from mencoder)

- ods15