[NUT-devel] libnut/nututils testing, call for developers/code audit

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Mar 16 05:51:23 CET 2006

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 06:31:19AM +0200, Oded Shimon wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 06:13:39PM -0500, Rich Felker wrote:

> > > I tried it out; there's not a lot to report.
> > >
> > > - Converting an xvid/mp3 avi file worked fine.
> > > - Converting a vorbis ogg file worked fine.
> >
> > I don't think it worked fine...since nutmerge is making invalid files
> > with nonsense pseudopackets. MPlayer just happens to play these files.
>
> About that, nutmerge still prints the warning about "invalid" files. I
> don't know how valid the files converted from AVI are, they are just stream
> copied,

They're almost surely invalid unless the source was created by
mencoder in vbr mode.

> but the files converted from Ogg are perfectly valid as there is a
> Vorbis framer. (The comment packet from Vorbis should be stripped
> though...)

Well, at least an empty comment packet needs to be stored as part of
the three-part vorbis extradata. I would suggest always emptying it
though since this data belongs in the info packets and not the vorbis
headers. :)

Rich