[NUT-devel] libnut/nututils testing, call for developers/code audit

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Thu Mar 16 00:06:15 CET 2006

Oded Shimon wrote:
> $ svn checkout svn://213.144.138.186/nut/trunk
>
> read README
>
> Start testing. Or even hacking. I have absoloutely no intention of
> maintaining all this by myself... Especially not code auditing it, cause I
> suck at that. If anyone wants write access, ask me and I'll ask Diego...

I tried it out; there's not a lot to report.

- Converting an xvid/mp3 avi file worked fine.
- Converting a vorbis ogg file worked fine.
- Playing both files was fine, though I get messages like this when
  seeking:
  ============= NO BINARY SEARCH
- Seeking seems fine -- nice and fast, with good A-V sync.

Ooh, actually, I just found a small problem. Playing a vorbis-audio-only
nut file results in playback returning to 0 after about 2.5 seconds of
playback. This message is printed:
NUT: max_distance syncpoint

Steps to reproduce:
$ mplayer some_file -ao pcm
$ oggenc audiodump.wav
$ nutmerge audiodump.ogg audiodump.nut
$ mplayer audiodump.nut

Other than that, it would be nice to handle dwStart in avi and/or have
an option to nutmerge for delaying streams. I don't know if you have
that planned. I'd look into it myself, but I don't really have the time
right now.

-Corey