[NUT-devel] Change flag bits

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Mar 11 15:40:00 CET 2006

Hi

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 02:59:44PM +0200, Oded Shimon wrote:
> Any objection to this patch? It makes it somewhat easier/nicer to move over
> the stream flags to API, and keep the nut flags in the demuxer...
>
> Also, 128 is low enough for the flags which have no use to be coded in
> frame header, because vlc's can only store up to 127 in a single byte.

yes, but that brings up another incredible minor improvement, i mean
bits 0-6  go into the first byte
bits 7-13 need a second byte

so if we put the first group in 0..X, and the "we wont store in frame header"
group in 7..Y then extending the first beyond 0..6 will be messy, why not
put the second in Y..13 instead?

and yes iam fine with your proposed change

[...]

--
Michael