[NUT-devel] FINALIZE NUT SPEC!!

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Feb 27 20:13:27 CET 2006

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 08:55:18PM +0200, Oded Shimon wrote:
> Move thread to nut-devel... Sorry, I should have mentioned in the first
> mail that all replies should go to nut-devel if possible.

This can be done with a custom Reply-To: header. :)

> Which actually also brings the issue of seeking in a "growing" file. In the
> first seek you do, libnut does a discovery seek of finding the last
> syncpoint in the file, and marks it known. The only way it can invalidated
> is by playing past it (libnut automatically realizes this simply by adding
> a syncpoint to the syncpoint cache past the last syncpoint...). I should
> make some kind of signal in the API to indicate file has grown...

Eh? Just make it check again when you attempt to seek past the last
known timestamp. Sounds simple to me.

> One nice advntage I see to dumping info streams is that, in reality, info
> streams don't really have "stream-like" behavior... (They make back_ptr big
> etc.)

If they're used correctly, they have stream-like behavior. Correct
usage would be:
- only in streaming content
- frequent repetitions while relevant
- EOR while not relevant