[NUT-devel] flags, which bit means fixed fps?

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Fri Feb 17 21:06:38 CET 2006

Hi,

  there is a minor issue with the spec and
current (partial) nut implementations.

  The spec says:
    decode_delay                        v
    fixed_fps                           u(1)
    reserved                            u(7)
    codec_specific_data                 vb

  which would mean in the byte of u(1) and u(7)
the most significant bit indicates a fixed
fps stream. Implementations (ffmpeg muxer and
Oded's libnut) do say/set the least significant bit
is the fixed fps one.

  It doesn't matter which of the bits we actually
use, but we need to make it consistent with the
spec.

  So should we just adjust the spec and swap the
two entries?

  Alex (beastd)