[MPlayer-users] Volume change when seeking in mp3

Brad Hermanson apeitheo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 23:16:55 EEST 2023

I had a similar issue when I was developing my front-end to mplayer. The
volume would jump really high when seeking with software volume on. I can't
remember for sure, but I think what fixed it was running mplayer with
softvol-max set to 100 and with the -hr-mp3-seek flag on the command line:

mplayer -softvol -softvol-max 100 -hr-mp3-seek file.mp3

I know that -hr-mp3-seek eliminated an occasional high-pitched sound when
seeking in mp3s, but I can't remember if that was related to the volume
issue as well or if there was something else I'm forgetting.

Hope this helps,
Brad