[MPlayer-users] no sound on mplayer built from source raspiOS

stan gyvoy at q.com
Fri Nov 10 18:38:51 EET 2023

On Wed, 8 Nov 2023 13:50:54 +0000 (UTC)
olivares14031-at-yahoo.com at ffmpeg.org wrote:

> On Tuesday, November 7, 2023 at 08:26:56 PM CST, Antonio Olivares
> <olivares14031-at-yahoo.com at ffmpeg.org> wrote:
>

> olivares at raspberrypi:~/Downloads $ uname -a
> Linux raspberrypi 6.1.0-rpi6-rpi-v8 #1 SMP PREEMPT Debian
> 1:6.1.58-1+rpt2 (2023-10-27) aarch64 GNU/Linux
>
> Which devel package is needed to build mplayer so I can have sound?

What is the system package that handles sound on the raspberry pi?  Is
it alsa, or something else?  If it was alsa, you would need
alsa-lib-devel installed, don't have a pi, so don't know otherwise.  Is
there pipewire on the pi?  If there is, you would probably want it as
the intermediate layer between applications and alsa.