[MPlayer-users] Mplayer makes small popping/static sound when speed_set is used

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Jul 20 21:06:47 EEST 2023

> On 17 Jul 2023, at 00:48, Brad Hermanson <apeitheo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Reimar,
>
> This is the mplayer command I'm using:
>
> mplayer -slave -osdlevel 0 -ao pulse -softvol -softvol-max 100 -hr-mp3-seek
> -quiet -input file="pipe" -noconfig all -af
> equalizer=0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0,volnorm
>
> It also loads the scaletempo filter with speed=pitch or speed=tempo
> sometimes depending on what that particular media is locked with. The
> clicking seems to happen regardless of what I use on -af.

I cannot reproduce any clicking using just MPlayer and the standard binds
of [ and ] changing speed by 10%.
It would be useful to test that first.
-ao pulse is a candidate to look more into, as I tested on macOS only
so far, so I could not test that.
It would explain why it makes no difference which -af options you use...
(it's also possible I just don't hear the click if it is subtle)