[MPlayer-users] Image too small, temporary buffers cannot function

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Nov 17 18:35:20 EET 2019

On 02.11.2019, at 02:31, "Scott W. Larson" <scowl at wballphotos.com> wrote:

> I just pulled mplayer from svn and compiled and I got the same error I reported almost two years ago here:
>
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3726
>
> With this command:
>
>     ./mplayer -fs -vo vdpau -vc ffmpeg12vdpau file.ts

That's simply not supported by FFmpeg anymore, not much we can do about it.
I split it so that you can use ffmpeg2vdpau or ffmpeg1vdpau instead, which seem to work.
I'd add though that I am not sure there is much point in MPEG-2 hardware decoding unless you have a PC that is more than 12 years old...