[MPlayer-users] VHS to DVD conversion service (also, audio cassette to CDs)

Dominique Michel dominique.michel at vtxnet.ch
Sun May 5 22:50:46 CEST 2013

Le Sun, 5 May 2013 13:25:06 -0400,
Randy Kramer <rhkramer at gmail.com> a écrit :

> A friend of mine wants to get some personal (but not that personal!)
> VHS tapes converted to DVD, and some audio (I think she said
> cassettes) to CD.
>
> I just thought I'd ask here if anybody is interested in doing this
> (at a low price) or knows of a low priced service.

You can do it for free with mencoder. All you need is a video input on
the PC.

XDradio can grab the video using mencoder
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xdradio/
From it:

mencoder tv:// -tv
driver=v4l2:device=$DSVID:norm=$NORM:input=$SVID:alsa:adevice=$ALSA_SVID:audiorate=$RATE:width=$WIDTH:height=$HEIGHT
-mc 0 -noskip -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=$VRATE -vf
crop=$CROPED_WIDTH:$CROPED_HEIGHT:$CROPED_X:$CROPED_Y,pp=lb -oac
mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=64 -o $F_SV_REC

Dominique

> Thanks!
> Randy Kramer

"We have the heroes we deserve."