[MPlayer-users] Unable to play Apple ProRes 422 sample

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Mon Sep 13 23:27:00 CEST 2010

* Carl Eugen Hoyos on Monday, September 13, 2010 at 12:40:14 +0000
> Christian Ebert <blacktrash <at> gmx.net> writes:
>> If I'm not mistaken the bug report (and Dominic) say it's the
>> other way round, the lavf demuxer does it right, -demuxer mov has
>> the problem.
>
> Yes.
>
> The remaining question is, why using the non-standard native demuxer if the
> standard demuxer does it right?

Very strange: I just stumbled upon a case where -demuxer mov
helps here: when convert PAL dvvideo (from Final Cut) to flv;
with -demuxer lavf I get loads of skipped frames.

theatre - books - texts - movies
Black Trash Productions at home: http://www.blacktrash.org/
Black Trash Productions on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/blacktrashproductions