[MPlayer-users] Display and record a camera ip stream at the same time ?

Ambre RIPPE ar at aegle.fr
Thu Aug 19 10:53:54 CEST 2010

  Hi,

I'm using mplayer in slave mode in my application, in order to display a
camera ip stream.  I need, at the same time, to display the stream, and
the possibility to write it in a file (so, record it). My point is: I
would like to do this is the same process.

Actually, I have a process for mplayer in slave mode:
/mplayer -slave -wid id_window  camera_address/

And each time I need to record, I start a new process, not in slave this
time:
/mplayer -dumpvideo camera_address -dumpfile stream.mp4/

This work, but I really want to do it in the same mplayer process. Any
idea how to write a stream in a file in slave mode ? I haven't find yet
the right command in the documentation.

Another question, is there a way to "pause" a dumpvideo ? I mean, record
the stream in a file, then pause, and then play and write again at the
end of the file. Is this possible with dumpfile ?

Thanks,

Ambre